Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 1: August 7th 2007

I finally received my imported 'Raw Shea Butter'. I quickly opened the package and divided up the pound of Shea Butter into sections. One small chunk I placed in a small container (keeping it refrigerated) the rest of the bulk, I put into the freezer.

I was fairly surprised when I smelt it. I was expecting a unpleasant smell. Instead, I smelled a licorice smell, which was quite pleasant.

I took out my braided hair style and began greasing my hair. Almost instantly, I noticed a difference.

  1. I found that the Shea Butter glided quite smoothly along my hair.
  2. The butter absorbed very quickly into my hair. Unlike the "Silk Elements" hair grease (as well as other hair food products). I found that they stuck to the hair or felt as though they were sitting on top of it rather than absorbing.
  3. My hair quickly became softer and much more manageable.
  4. My hair felt lighter, and not weighed down with products.
So, I parted and twisted up my hair, temporarily and waited an extra 20 minutes, for it to absorb into my hair strands and scalp.

At the end of 20 minutes...

WOW!

It felt like new hair! It was really 'buttery soft'. When I combed through my naps, there was hardly any greasy residue and my comb easily glided through my hair.

Parting my hair was like "a butter knife cutting through softened butter".

It was so very easy to style. I wanted to add a small test, so I cornrow twisted the front half of my hair, and left my hair with a 'fro in the back. I went out for a few hours. Through the entire evening my hair remained as SOFT AND MOISTURIZED as it was when I first styled it!!!!

I "night braided up my 'fro" then satin wrapped up my hair and went to bed.



~End of Day~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting

Lidi said...

Hey, LAtoya. I just found your blog. I'm very interested in this experience. I stopped using chemicals in my hair for 2 yrs ago. My boyfriend had a hard work to convince me it wasn't good for my health. Now I'm considering to replace even the shampoo, balsams and other stuff for something more natural and am researching about it.
Can I ask you where did you buy your shea butter from?

Kind regards.