Thursday, September 13, 2007

Week 3 ~ wash day

Today... I will once again experiment...

By the way...

I am getting my basic recipe format from using the book...

The Herbal Spa Book


From there, and researching different herbs as well as minerals, I came
up with my choice add-ons. This time I experimented with an infusion of
the herbs in two different methods...

One, by boiling hot water and letting the herbs seep for 10 to 20
minutes.

Two, by slowly heating up the water in the blender, then adding the
herbs in... making sure the herbs aren't being over cooked.

After infusing the mix, I strained the blend using a muslim cloth bag
(its finer holed than cheese cloth).

Then I tried both out...

The product worked a lot better, without the tiny pieces of herbs. My
hair stayed conditioned and soft... I personally perferred the raw
version compared to the cooked blend. Only because I know that the
benefits would be better, with the material in its raw form.

I didn't use Shea Butter in the conditioner, like before. But I did
grease my hair with the Shea Butter, afterwards.

Still felt like I was getting there, but not quite there yet with
perfecting my recipe.

--
Latoya

Sent from my T-Mobile Sidekick®

No comments: